Relationship Quiz for Parents and Kids
Take this quick quiz with your son or daughter to help you both determine your ideas about relationships. Decide if you both agree or disagree and then use this opportunity to figure out the best answers together.
- Choose one couple we know that you think has a healthy relationship. Choose one that you think has an unhealthy relationship. Why did you pick whom you picked?
- What’s a healthy way to fight? What’s an unhealthy way to fight? Can you think of a situation in your life where you fought unfairly? What could you have done to make it a fair fight?
- You want to go to the movies: he wants to go to the mall. What’s a good way to work it out so everyone comes out happy?
- You notice your buddy pushing his girlfriend around after he does poorly on a test. Should you say something to him? To her?
- What does it mean to stand up for yourself? If you’re a girl, are you being strong or pushy?
- What should you do if someone you’re dating threatens you? Or tells you to keep quiet and not tell a soul, even though you know it is wrong?
- True or False: In a healthy relationship, one person makes all the decisions for the couple.
- True or False: Girls shouldn’t have too many opinions or make their feelings known too often or they’ll scare away the boys.
- True or False: It’s okay for a guy to call a girl by a nasty name because he saw it on television or heard it in a song.
- Whose relationship would you most like yours to be like?
Content provided with permission from Liz Claiborne, Inc.
For more information or to discuss relationship concerns please contact Partners Employee Assistance Program at 1-866-724-4EAP.
In case of emergency, please call 911 or your local hospital emergency service.
This content was last modified on: 06/08/2017