Building Your Savings
- Determine your savings goal.
- Be willing to compromise.
- Shop around for the best interest rates.
- Pay yourself first each month.
- Use payroll deductions.
- Use bonus income.
- Save coupon money.
- Pay installments to yourself.
- Keep your loose change.
- Alter your spending habits.
- Save lunch money.
- Take advantage of sales.
- Have a "nothing weekend".
- Put your budget on a diet.
- Make saving a family affair.
Content provided with permission from Money Management International, a non-profit community service organization that provides confidential financial guidance, free consumer credit counseling services, educational resources, and debt management assistance.
For more information or to discuss financial concerns please contact Partners Employee Assistance Program at 1-866-724-4EAP.
In case of emergency, please call 911 or your local hospital emergency service.
This content was last modified on: 04/29/2011